Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I am a designer :D

 I was fiddling around on Ravelry last night and added a few of my original pieces to the "my original designs" section. I put comments that I would make patterns available if anyone was interested. One of my posted designs was for a houndstooth scarf I made for myself last winter. This morning when I was looking at Ravelry, I was shocked to see that I had 38 new messages in my inbox. All but 2 of these were people requesting, asking, one even begging, that I make this pattern avaiable. One lovely lady even said that she would pay! So I immediately got out the scarf and my dismal notes and fixed it up into a real, bona fide pattern. You can see it posted below. I also finally managed to get it posted as a PDF on Ravelry (you can find the link to download the PDF in the post below as well) .

  I can't tell you how good it makes me feel to have so many other people, complete strangers, interested in knitting my design. It is a lovely scarf, but for so many people to be interested just boggles my mind and makes me wonder if maybe I could sell some of my designs after all. 40 people have it favorited as a design and another 11 as a project. Wow! I know to some those numbers aren't impressive, but for me that is huge.

No comments: